Tuesday 26 March 2013

Mouni Roy- A star born this way







I was probably ten years of age,life was pretty simple and revolved around my pokemon cards, Tom and Jerry and PPG. I hated watching daily soaps but willingly or unwillingly I had to be glued to the TV set at 11:30 PM.Reason being the most popular show of that time 'Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi'.One might think what would a 10 year old girl understand out of this daily soap but nevertheless I watched it.
I wasn't a that behemothic fan of the show till one day my sister told me about an advertisement published in the newspaper by the showmakers to rope in a girl to play the role of  K.T aka Krishna Tulsi.
This was the time I became inquisitive and started watching the show with keen interest to see who that girl would be from 'my city' who would enact K.T's character.Enter 'Mouni Roy', whoaa! With her entry me and my sister sought of pranced on my mother to explicate to her the entire story.I don't know why, but I felt as if she was someone I knew very well and hence told mother with immense pride and gratification that she was from Delhi.Needless to say, with Mouni Roy there, I became an avid viewer of the show.
I was so awed by K.T that one day I told my class teacher that from now on my name would be Krishna Tulsi. My teacher at that time said, "ok" but laughed out the incidence to my parents later on.
However, unfortunately the show soon came to an end and the fever for K.T soon vanished.
Years passed and after almost 6 years, as I was browsing through the channels one day, I saw this lovely princess in a show called 'Mahadev'. I stopped and was trying to figure out what was so alluring about this girl when suddenly there was bell ringing in my heart and I realized oh! she's K.T! It was like I found some long lost friend of mine,all the childhood memories were re winded and I went on to watch all episodes that were aired that day. Not only this, I watched all the previous episodes of the show and all the interviews of Mouni Roy, her dance performances, her other shows and what not!
So here is my first confession-It was Mouni Roy first, because of whom I developed an interest in the show 'Devon Ke Dev Mahadev' and then of course Mohit Raina. Princess Sati was beautiful, charming with a right mix of attitude and ego which made every other guy go flat on her. ;)
Not once did I feel that it was Lord shiva's story, but that I was watching a modern times love story with Mouni Roy being a passionate teenager, lost in a world of fantasies, wanting just the love of her lover.Oh how much I adored her!
One of my favourite Sati episodes was when Sati dances and even Mahadev can't stop himself from accompanying her in the dance. Besides being perfect at her expressions, her dance moves were enough for us to deduce how passionate Sati's love was. It looked so real, the elegance with which she danced, made her my first 'Lady Crush' hehe. Really, she danced so well that even I wanted to ape the exact dance and de facto I did learn it later.
When Sati seared in the sacrificial fire, I could sort of relate with mahadev, he lost sati, I lost mouni (from the show), we cried along with Mahadev at the loss of his wife and at the loss of my favourite TV star from my favourite show. After the birth of devi Parvati, I stopped watching the show for sometime as I still was unable to overcome the gloom of her departure.
But thank heaven, she returned, though not as Sati but as Meera in a new show and my 'junoon' was back. Meera to me is modernised Sati and I feel that Mouni Roy in real life is similar to what she is on reel-extremly innocent.
She has proved to be pitch perfect in every way be it acting, dance, beauty and of course the way she carries herself. When I watch her show, I watch more of her clothes, the make-up and her expressions than I watch the rest of the caste :p . I wish someday she opens her own clothing line as it would solve the problem of millions of girls out there who spend hours in front of their almira and still can't find 'good' clothes and dress up well. All they would have to do then will be to go to a store, buy her brand and wohoo! ready!

Its such a treat to watch her. Mouni Roy is not 'just' a celebrity, she's a star born this way! :))

7 comments:

  1. I am at loss of words to express my haopiness and gratitude for you and your sweet simple yet so touching article of Mouni Roy one of my lady crushes too but mine craziness goes beyond yhat..I cant imagine her without Mohit..they are like 2 in 1 peice for me and bcoz of tht Im suffering also bcoz..in life nothing happens as we wish..but My dil hai ki maanta nahin..it wants to still dream and hopebeyond hope even after articles and interviews over interviews of both Mouni and mohit aaying thy R rulours that they are linked..!! God bless you and thank u once again for writing this deserving article for Mouni Sati Roy..!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be frank deep down in my heart, I wish for the same and you never know it might happen someday.Its good to know that a die hard fan of Mouni like you liked it.

      Delete
  2. Hey Tavishi! What an awesome post) fans like u would make her proud. lovely write up)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I'm really happy that you read it. :)

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. really a very nice post....I thought I am the only hardcore fan of mouni....but the way you expressed your feelings it's amazing...I also feel the same for her...being a mahadev devotee I love to watch the mahadev serial...but I was totally moved by her acting...when she cry I started crying when she feels happy I started feeling happy with her...sonarika also doing well but mouni took sati to a different level altogether...now I has become so fond of her that I always search news related to her....I would be very happy if mohit and mouni tie a knot soon...because I know she wants to settle down...and I think she is better than priyanka chopra...Mohit isn't it????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for your appreciation.Yes I am completely mesmerized by her acting, she has set a really high benchmark that any other actress would find difficult to reach..and of course she's better than priyanka ;)
      By the way, this is my old blog, don't post here anymore for more posts here's the link to my new blog - http://tavishikatoch.wordpress.com

      Delete